Home > Candidate
Welcome to SHS Personnel.
SHS is the oldest locally owned and operated staffing company in the Richmond metropolitan area. Since 1964, we have been doing what we do best: finding jobs for qualified candidates.
Seeking the "next step" in your career? Or are you looking for work that gives you the flexibility to pursue your other interests? Either way, SHS can help. Serving as your personal recruiter, we help you identify companies that meet your criteria and are seeking qualified candidates with your skills. With highly respected companies as our clients, SHS can provide you with exciting opportunities at quality organizations.
We know how difficult it can be to find the ideal job or career. We offer several options for you in your job search:
SHS Personnel works with clients ranging from Fortune 500 companies to small startups throughout Virginia, North Carolina, and Maryland. For opportunities in other areas, SHS has a network of affiliate offices in other major US cities.
Our experienced SHS staff will interview you and determine which company offers the best fit for your talents and experience. We will prepare you for the company interview and negotiate the best possible job offer. As the applicant, there is no fee to you. Our client (your new employer) pays the fee after you have accepted a position through our referral.
Find a full-time career or submit a resume
Candidates work in temporary jobs for a variety of reasons:
- Temporaries can have a flexible schedule adaptable to school, home, or other personal commitments.
- Temporary work is a viable alternative for income while you seek a full-time career.
- Temporary work is an ideal setting to polish your resume or expand upon your existing skills.
- Temporaries can experience several different work situations to increase their value in today's workforce and explore before committing to a full-time job.
Why work at SHS? SHS temporaries receive competitive weekly pay for working at jobs that they enjoy, premium medical and dental coverage at a group discount after 30 days of continuous employment, a profit sharing plan (subject to eligibility), and the ability to contribute to a 401(k) retirement plan after working 1000 hours. Especially important for light industrial workers, SHS prides itself on its safety record and programs and operates a drug-free environment. In addition, there is no fee to temporary workers for job placement.
- Applicants who are willing to complete the application process
- Applicants who provide complete information concerning their skill levels and prior work history
- Applicants who cooperate as we evaluate their enthusiasm, adaptability and professionalism
- Applicants who are committed once they begin an assignment to complete it
- Applicants who recognize that reliability and responsibility are key factors in their success at work
- Applicants who are professional and who understand that they represent SHS at our client companies
Prerequisites for a temporary job with SHS:
- Completed application material
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Home phone number
- Pass drug screen, criminal background check (if needed)
- Flexibility to work on different assignments at a variety of client companies
Find a temporary assignment or submit a resume
Copyright (c) 2009 SHS International of Richmond, Inc.